Tested positive - and now?

Tested positive - and now?

Due to the highly contagious virus variant Omikron still dominates the infection - also in the Waldeck-Frankenberg district. What to do if the rapid test is positive, here is an overview of all frequently asked questions and answers.

  • My rapid test is positive. What do I have to do now?

    If the rapid test is positive, it is recommended to have a PCR test performed and to go into home isolation on one's own. Special rules apply to healthcare workers and those in community shelters.

  • Where can I currently have a PCR test performed?

    The first point of contact for a PCR test is the family doctor's offices in Waldeck-Frankenberg.

    The first place to go for a PCR test is the family doctor's practices in Waldeck-Frankenberg. PCR tests are also possible in the practice" Hausarztgemeinschaft Waldeck-Wolfhagerland". The practice has several locations. Please ask there directly if you belong to the group of people who are tested in this practice. Tests are only possible by prior appointment.

    There is also an additional offer in Burgwald. SterilTec GmbH, located at Ringstr. 20, conducts tests Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays by appointment. An appointment for Mondays to Fridays is not mandatory, but desirable under Tel: 06451 2403-760. Spit tests, nasal tests and also PCR tests are offered.

  • What to do if the PCR test confirms Corona infection?

    Quarantine is no longer mandatory as of November 23, 2022. However, as a precaution, it is recommended to go into domestic isolation and avoid contact. If symptoms of the disease worsen, the family physician's office should be contacted. The distance and hygiene rules should be observed.

    Infected persons are required to wear a medical mouth-nose mask outside their own homes for five days. Children under the age of six are exempt from the mask requirement. However, it is recommended that, if possible, all infected persons wear an FFP2 mask to protect others.

  • Do I have to report to the health department myself?

    No. Please inform your employers and the schools and daycare centers where your children or your children's siblings are cared for.

  • As an infected person, do I have to go into quarantine?

    No. Since November 23, 2022, the quarantine requirement has been suspended in Hesse.

  • Where are infected persons banned from entering?

    Infected persons are banned from entering some facilities - such as shared accommodation, hospitals, old people's homes and nursing homes, or even the public health department. A detailed overview of the facilities can be found here:

  • How do I get a convalescent certificate?

    Certificates of recovery are no longer sent out by the public health department. As before, pharmacies and medical practices will issue a corresponding certificate upon presentation of a positive PCR result. This includes the creation of a QR code for integration into a smartphone app or can be printed out in paper form on request.

  • How do I get a quarantine notice until November 22, 2022?

    Infected persons who were positive before November 23, 2022, have the option of continuing to apply for a quarantine notice. To do so, people can call the county's Corona hotline at 05631-954 555 - and the letter will be mailed to them if needed. The hotline is available Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The notice can also be requested online with just a few clicks of the mouse. The notice will be issued until November 22 at the latest, as the quarantine obligation in Hesse has been suspended thereafter.

  • For which infected persons is there an occupational ban?

    For employees of special employers, there is an occupational five-day activity ban. The day of the positive test is day 0. Here is an overview of these:

    Anyone who is unsure whether they belong to one of the above employers is welcome to contact the Health Department for appropriate advice.

    Those who are still positive on the fifth day should contact their primary care physician's office.

  • Who must provide negative proof?

    Employees who are affected by a work-related activity ban must provide negative proof before they are allowed to return to work, for example negative proof from an official testing center or negative proof of a PCR test or positive PCR proof in which the CT value is higher than 30. This evidence must also be submitted to the Health Specialist Service - by email or post. The following information must be included in the submission:

    • Date of the positive test (lay test, rapid test or PCR test)
    • Name, date of birth, address, contact details
    • Employer and work area
    • PDF or image file of the evidence or copy of the original
  • What happens to quarantine notices received beyond Nov. 22?

    Since November 23, 2022, the quarantine obligation in Hesse has been suspended. All notices that were issued beyond November 22, 2022, automatically lose their validity from November 23.

Vaccinate with primary care physicians

Vaccinations against the coronavirus are provided by the family doctors in private practice in Waldeck-Frankenberg. The district of Waldeck-Frankenberg supports them by establishing small mini-vaccination centers.