Welcome and recognition culture
Since 2014, the Hessian state government has been funding municipalities and innovative projects with the state program "WIR- Wegweisende Integrationsansätze Realisieren" to improve the integration opportunities of immigrants - regardless of their origin. In 2020, the funding guidelines were revised and renamed "WIR- Diversity and Participation." WIR diversity centers are to be established.
The WIR coordinator supports and accompanies the development of an appreciative culture of welcome and recognition directly in the Waldeck-Frankeberg district. The aim is to bring people with and without a migration background into dialogue in order to strengthen awareness of diversity and to enable equal opportunity participation in the district. Overall, the goal is to anchor a sustainable, future-oriented integration policy.
The following key tasks result from this:
- Strengthening the culture of welcome and recognition
- Interface between main and honorary office
- Social space-oriented activation of volunteers and their networking
- Strengthening and supporting the development of migrant organizations
- Conception and support of innovative projects on relevant topics
- Organization of diverse event and discussion formats
- Public Relations