Renovate and receive funding
In order to make life in rural areas more attractive, the district of Waldeck-Frankenberg is striving for new utilisation concepts with flexible monument protection, especially for older buildings: traditional and modern building forms can be combined well here. The district of Waldeck-Frankenberg supports construction measures in this area with a total volume of up to 500,000 euros per year.
With the funding programme for the renovation of old buildings, the district of Waldeck-Frankenberg wants to set accents and create incentives to make rural areas even more liveable. Above all, smaller villages and urban districts are to be strengthened as residential and business locations.
What is promoted?
Funding is provided for structural investments in buildings and land in the village centres of the villages in the Waldeck-Frankenberg district. The implementation of the measure should include the use of elements of the typical regional architectural style - both in the conversion of old buildings and in new buildings. Investments with a minimum sum of 10,000 euros are eligible for funding. The amount of funding is 30 percent of the eligible costs; however, the maximum amount is 25,000 euros.
Who is supported?
Funding is available to cities and municipalities, private individuals, clubs, associations or companies.
Which measures are eligible?
- Structural investments (renovation of old building fabric, floor plan optimisation, demolition & deconstruction of old buildings for conversion and land preparation, replacement & new buildings, acquisition of vacant buildings and building land, creation of barrier-free accessibility)
- Planning costs for architect & engineering services
- Investment in basic services and services of general interest
- Innovative projects of public, private, voluntary and civic initiatives
- Preparatory measures (inner development concepts, municipal land renewal, creation of a building gap & vacancy register)
How do I receive the grant?
Anyone wishing to take advantage of the funding programme should:
- Describe the project idea/planned measure
- take advantage of the free and compulsory basic counselling provided by the district authority
- Submit an application for funding, including all necessary documents, to the district of Waldeck-Frankenberg.