Apply for a residence permit for the purpose of training

Who do I need to contact?

  • for the issuance of a national visa prior to entry into the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany: the German mission abroad (embassy, consulate)
  • after entry: the foreigners authority in whose district you usually reside.
    The foreigners authorities in Hesse are the district councils and mayors of the independent cities and the cities belonging to the districts with more than 50,000 inhabitants.

Tip: The Federal Foreign Office provides a list of the representations of the Federal Republic of Germany abroad on its website.

List of representations of the Federal Republic of Germany abroad

Do you live in the northern district: municipality of Willingen (Upland), municipality of Diemelsee, town of Diemelstadt, town of Volkmarsen, town of Bad Arolsen, city of Lichtenfels, town of Bad Wildungen, municipality of Vöhl or in the town of Waldeck? Then you will find the right contact persons for your request here:

First letter Surname

Responsible processing

Aa - Aln, H, I, S, Y, UMA

Sabine Schlüter

Aa - Aln

Claudia Schweinsberg

Alo - Az, H, I, S

Jenta Sesselmann

B, E, D, Mj - Mz, L, U, V, W, X

Detlef Reimann

B, E, L, Mj - Mz

Jörg Jordan

C, G, Alo - Az

Eleni Bangert


Judith Schlömer


Elfi Schäfer

F, J, K, Ma - Mi, N

Elke Geiseler-Matsuda

F, J, Kh - Kz, U, V, Y, X

Franziska Brücher

Ka-Kg, 0, P, Q, Z

Ruslan Kosjan

Ma-Mi, N, UMA

Claudia Jellen

O, P,Q, R, T, Z

Beate Hocke


Monika Plathe

If you live in the southern district: Gemeinde Edertal, Stadt Frankenau, Stadt Frankenberg (Eder), Gemeinde Allendorf (Eder), Stadt Hatzfeld (Eder), Gemeinde Burgwald, Gemeinde Haina (Kloster), Stadt Gemünden (Wohra) or in the Stradt Rosenthal, you will find your contact persons here:

First letter Surname

Responsible processing


Carolina Bergener


Denise Klauke


Gerlinde Schäfer-Vogel


Dominik Stenzel


Andreas Hartmann

Responsible departments

Responsible staff